Fraternity Foundation for Human Rights (FFHR) team have concluded the training workshop on political freedoms in accordance with the international law. The workshop was launched on 24-25 ,9, 2018 in Amouda city, respectively.
Twenty two civil activists 8 Female representing 10 local organizations, gathering and those who are interested in civil and political issues in the city.
workshop was organised into four main sessions:
a) First Session:
The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), its definition, main rights that ICCPR covers, and clarification of freedoms guaranteed by ICCPR.
b) Second session:
This session chiefly focused on the rights to freedom of peaceful assembly and of association, and addressed the following topics:
- The rights to freedom of peaceful assembly and of association, and the international instruments.
- Principles of freedom of peaceful assembly and of association and its regulations in accordance with the international law.
- Acceptable restrictions imposed on freedom of peaceful assembly: legitimate grounds for restrictions.
c) Third session:
- Procedure for implementing the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
- Mobilization, advocacy, and civil work strategies.
D) Fourth session: Syrian legislations and its conformity to the international law
As well as You can follow all the daily activities on the Facebook page @fraternity.FFHR
These workshops are within the framework of the strategic plan of FFHR for the period 2018-2020, which mainly focuses on promoting political freedom, strengthening the role of civil society involvement in decision-making process, defending the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and of association, compatibility of the local laws that regulate civil matters with international human rights law.
FFHR is seeking to take further steps with a view to implementing this strategy particularly on the defense, mobilizing and advocacy front in the coming period.